Thursday, April 12, 2012

Wizard Will Be The Least Played Character in D3 - Page 2

[:1]Every class so far has insane AoE :/, except maybe the monk.|||OP, you seem to have learned nothing from Diablo 2.

Phase 1:

At first, every class will be equally played. Maybe some classes will get a few more players for the "coolness" factor. Like that preview with the dual x-bow lady advertising the Demon Hunter. That'll generate a few Demon Hunter players.

Phase 2:

People will discover which classes are easy to play, which classes aren't. At the rate the internet shortens this process, you can expect this phase to kick in 1 second after Phase 1 by the time Diablo 3 is released.

Easy classes experience increased playability

Note that this may change depending on how far people are in the game. After all some classes can have an easy start then a horribly, horribly, horribly painful end game. Not to mention people discovering exploits, the super cookie cutter builds, etc will affect this.

Phase 3 (or Phase 2, specialized):

People will discover which classes are optimal for farming/PvP/whatever ladder system Blizzard is going to implement. Again thanks to how the internet speeds this up, you can expect this to take effect a few seconds after Phase 2.

Optimal classes experience increased playability

Repeat for each expansion|||People don't change. If Wizards are anything like Sorcs, they will still be highly played. Of course, whichever class is the most OP will end up the most popular...|||I enjoy the sorc in d2 and fully intend to make the wizard my first d3 char. It will take some serious ownage to get me to switch to another class.|||Who doesn't want to play a character who can slow time? On top of all the other nuclear spells the Wizard has, she looks to be a solid pick.|||Quote:










That's actually a minor beef I have with the class... I guess I'm too used to Neverwinter Nights (which subsequently implies too used to DnD) in which it's the Wizard that's the heavily trained, schooled and disciplined spellslinger and the Sorcerer that's the renegade, self-taught, no discipline spellslinger with the potential to blow up the world (or him/herself).

It's not going to change my decisions (I was locked in on the Wizard the moment it was announced), but for some strange reason it just doesn't feel right.

Alright, you all can have your thread back now.




i have to dissagree , Im convinced it will be the most played char for both MF and PVP. As ive said in other posts it depends on how they ballance the farming and dmg output of the other classes, but if we dont get to know that befor launch a lot of people like me will struggle to not pick the best farmer.



__________________

watch movies online|||Quote:








I feel like there weren't much changes made between the Sorceress in D2 and the Wizard in D3. Everyone is going to want to play all the new characters; not the same character everyone is use to (sorceress).




I played a sorcerer in Diablo, I played a sorceress for literally years in Diablo II, and I will sure as hell play the wizard in Diablo III. And even if it's gonna be the least played class, that's alright with me. But to be honest, I don't think that will be the case. Spell users in the diablo series were always a popular choice, and they will probably continue to be.|||Quote:








I think the male Wizard has the potential to be the least played, since most will probably pick the more attractive female version, part of that being that the Sorceress in D2 was also female.

But I can live with that, so I can be a special snowflake!




I'd agree... I think the male one won't be played as much.|||Quote:








Repeat for each expansion




Small note - that should read "Repeat for each expansion or balancing patch". (Anyone remember the original Corpse Explosion??)

But otherwise, your post = true.|||Its probably my first character. Not for nothing...the chars that interest me the least are monk and witch doctor. Barbarian is last. Only two I wanna try are demon hunter and wizard.


Quote:








I feel like there weren't much changes made between the Sorceress in D2 and the Wizard in D3. Everyone is going to want to play all the new characters; not the same character everyone is use to (sorceress).

No comments:

Post a Comment