Thursday, April 19, 2012

New Wizard Shield

In the Games Con 2009 video, the Wizard is wielding a Magic Orb. This must be the item from the Wizard's debut video. It is used is in shield slot, but with no blocking. It gives resists and increase to spell damage.

Any ideas for higher levels of the orb and additional buffs?|||Yeah they said back then that it was an off hand item. Probably will have all the same type of bonuses that staves had in D2(except damage since you can't swing them).|||When I played at the female Wizard at Blizzcon, I don't remember having an orb in my inventory. I could be mistaken though.

All I remember is:

A cap with +Intelligence

Wand or Staff with +Spell damage by some kind of percentage and mana, I think

Also check my other post in the Wizard forum for more information about the current build's spells on the Wizard|||Oh, so it's an offhand with spellpower, pretty much?|||Quote:








Oh, so it's an offhand with spellpower, pretty much?




Spirit runeword basically did that.

God knows you never go max block with that XD|||It was still a shield though. Not sure I like this WoW-direction everything seems to be heading towards.|||How the hell is an off hand that gives stats a WoW direction?|||I like the idea of unique class items like an orb. But is the wizard prohibbited from using a shiel for blocking? In D2 I like to go max blocking. That is pretty important for hardore.

A bonus to offense from an orb may not be so good for the wizard as blocking from a shield and the wizard should have options. On the other hand, maybe some orbs can be used for blocking too...

No comments:

Post a Comment