Thursday, April 19, 2012

GamesCom Wizard Gameplay Footage

What do Wizard fans think of the new gameplay footage released through GameTrailers?

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/com...eplay-footage/

I couldn't make out the Arcane Orb stats at about 00:09 of the first video. There seems to be two stats on it. First is 11-16 and the second reads 1-2 something damage or is that duration? It's mana 7 but I'm not sure what level it is.

Do you think the 'Ice Armor' buff he has is from a shrine or self inflicted? The 'Fortune' one is from the shrine he has just passed as I can see the word Fortune in the description (despite how blurred it is) but not sure about the Ice Armor.

Fortune = Your chance to find magic igems and gold is greatly increased.

Ice Armor = Slows movement and attack of enemies that attack you.|||Things are looking good. It seems the animations for charged bolt, spectral blade, and arcane orb have been improved. They probably all have. Thinking the ice armor is probably a new storm skill.|||The male wizard looks a lot more neat than I thought he would. That outfit was pretty awesome, and the animation that went along with the flowing cloth was excellent.|||I LOVE the male Wizard.

Oh, and I did find an interesting thing:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/54516.html

Did he just dual-wield both a dagger and an Orb? (after something like half of the movie)|||I thought they frowned upon shrines from an earlier Blizzard quote.|||Maybe they are buffs by quest givers? Either as an additional reward or a helping boost at the start of a quest?

Also, Arcane Orb looks majestic.|||When the video first began to play I'll admit I thought Paladin! Not sure if I was happy or fed up at that point - 'course then I settled down once the skills started and I realised it was the Wizard.|||Quote:








I thought they frowned upon shrines from an earlier Blizzard quote.




They weren't happy with most shrines in D2. Like the stamina shrine, has anyone ever made good use of it? Shrines will probably return in a better way.|||Pitty there isn't any sound.

The animations look cool and so does the environment with the wind and flags.|||Disappointed we couldn't see the top of the screen either to see the monster names. But it's better than a poke in the eye so I won't moan.

No comments:

Post a Comment