Thursday, April 19, 2012

Wizard needs more epic offensive skills. - Page 3

No, what it need is MORE active skills. It seems the little handful we have are already famous. There just aren't enough of them. It's great that they're adding passives, but we need more actives to choose from.|||yeah there are too many skills from d2. i want new ways to kill stuff.|||Quote:








it lacks meteor D=.

D2 i loved meteor sorcs mass dmg and hard to play because of delay.




http://www.diablowiki.net/Conjuring_...e#Meteor_Storm

Also I agree that we need more active skills. I've been hoping that there are 6 or so active skills for each class that we don't know about yet(of course we know less about the WD), but I doubt there is.|||So far I like the wizards current spells, but I'm still hoping to see some more new and unique ways to kill stuff with magic. And I agree that they should bring back Apocolypse from D1|||yeah, meteorsgot massivly improved. awesome.|||Quote:








So far I like the wizards current spells, but I'm still hoping to see some more new and unique ways to kill stuff with magic. And I agree that they should bring back Apocolypse from D1




And why would such an overpowered spell make a return in D3?

Morever all you need to do is stand at one spot and spam the skill to damage everything in the screen. I see this more favorable as a Boss skill rather than a class skill.|||That would be too overpowered, in my opinion, and it would make it too easy to get though dungeons and defeat bosses; Thus, you beat the final boss by using this spell, and since you had sucked him/her into a black hole/tremor, you would possibly destroy the possibility for a sequel as well.|||I watched a wizard video and OP is kinda right. Nothing seemed like it had any real impact. The little tornadoes looked very soft and fluffy and all the explosive spells felt like billows of gentle energy. What did look like it had some umph was the blue slicy attack.

For a moment I thought I saw a badass orbital attack spell but it turns out it was the level up effect.|||Quote:








Agreed. Wizards need spells which is destructive while the damage can be spread over a huge area.

One good example would be Black Hole. When Black Hole is casted. this spell sucks in any Wizard's enemies including bosses and enemy players into the hole causing them to vanish forever. Soft core characters sucked inside the black hole cannot be revived anymore.

We should also return Apocalypse from Diablo 1. When casted, Apocalypse can damage all Wizard's enemies within xxx radius including enemies hidden behind the wall. The damage type is special which cannot be resisted.

When Earthquake is casted, the Wizard can manipulate the earth in such a way that the there will be tremors and the enemies will be fall inside the earth. As such the enemies will be permanently dead and forever lost inside the earth. When eaten by earthquake, any soft core characters cannot be revived anymore..

Feel free to comment...




I think that's just over the top... might as well make a spell that kills all the enemies in the game and be done with it.

The ideas are cute, the effects are over the top and unbalanced.

Creating a spell like "Black hole" and than giving it a medium or even high damage... it's silly, it makes little sense and really diminishes the concept of it- whilst giving it the effects you described would make the game simply pointless to the extreme.

I think that the Wizard has quite the array of spells, I love the fact that you need and can utilize tactics rather than simply cast the same damaging sprll over and over.

I do agree though that the animation for the tornado seems silly|||Quote:




I do agree though that the animation for the tornado seems silly




I didn't like the concept of tornado returning, it just looks out of place. It's just too...druidish.

I guess what Blizzard wants the wizard to be is to specialize in weather spells as well as manipulate time and space.

Kinda like Storm + Jean Grey from X-Men lol

No comments:

Post a Comment