Thursday, April 19, 2012

Your favorite wizard skill? - Page 4

Cool thanks, will look again. For others that are looking it wasn't in any of these(from http://www.diablowiki.net/Media_Coverage):

Video: October 14, 2008. Blizzcon 2008: Panel: Skills Part 1 HD

Video: October 14, 2008. Blizzcon 2008: Panel: Skills Part 2 HD

Video: October 14, 2008. Blizzcon 2008: Panel: Skills Part 3 HD

Video: October 14, 2008. BlizzCon 2008: Panel: Runes HD

Video: October 14, 2008. BlizzCon 2008: Panel: Death Effects HD

I'll try to stop taking the thread off topic now. Favorite skill so far is Ray of Frost. Its like Disintegrate with a freezing effect, to bad it does less damage though.

Edit: http://d3db.com/media/video/view/12

A little before 32 minutes in. Wonder if there's a high quality one somewhere.|||Hydra! yeah! it's finally back!|||Mirror Image! \o/

I am SO creating a conjurer when the game gets released - A 1 man (Woman? Havn't seen the male version) army... I wonder what skills they get... Do they copy yours(Ill also get piles of Magic Missles then ), or use their own?

And are they reduced in health vs bosses! (Hated that in D2 - Made hirelings suck :/)|||The laser beam thing looks pretty awesome.|||I hope it will be Hydra, when revealed.

At this point... Slow Time.|||I am going for the tornado at first main skill. I liked what they've done with the druids one and the idea of tornados bouncing off gave me quite an evil tilt-sparkle in my eyes |||Slow Time because i loved Chronosphere from Dota and slow time looks cool in Wizard trailer.

Hope it will work same for hostile players like other monsters so stomping barbs will be no threat .|||Lets see, slow time + lightning speed + lethal energy + runic might, hmm, what spell would be good with this setup?|||Quote:








I am going for the tornado at first main skill. I liked what they've done with the druids one and the idea of tornados bouncing off gave me quite an evil tilt-sparkle in my eyes




I'm with you -- I was so thrilled when I saw that Tornado returned. I thought it was a lot of fun on the Druid, and I can't wait to build a Wizard that uses it.

I am also really excited for Electrocute -- finally, a lightning spell that looks like lightning!

Though, I am holding out hopes that Hydra will be really cool.

I will probably wind up making two Wizards...|||I am hoping for Hydra too, it was one of the Sorceress' greatest looking spells. I liked the turret style of gameplay. Slapping down the invulnerable hydras ahead of you to gun down foes out of your visual range.

Disintegrate is great looking, but i am concerned about the viability of it. Since you likely will have to keep standing still to channel it.



The thing to consider about the spells is damage potential. For example Charged Bolt is meant to take down a horde of foes, but it dramatically looses potential against few or a single target. Same thing with Magic Missiles.

The spell I am really looking forward to as a Bread and Butter spell with aoe potential, is Arcane Orb. It is pretty much the spiritual successor to Frozen Orb. FO worked so well because it was an aoe spell on demand, with a quite sizeable direct damage part to make it highly useable against bosses too.

And there is a lot of interesting passives in the arcane tree to really juice up your spells. Such as slowing them, and a damage increasing debuff, which should make Arcane wizards highly desired in a group setting to amp up the damage of everyone else.

Currently as it seems, Arcane potentially have the best crowd control with Arcane Distortion to slow foes upon damaging them with arcane spells, and wave of force to blast back the slowed foes once they get close enough. And Slow time will take care of ranged attackers, making it easier for you to defend against them. It is CC you can rely on that isnt RNG dependent like the frost spells that requires a critical hit to freeze foes.

With the lack of Frost Direct damage spells out of those that is currently known, I do wonder if cold damage will have a chilling component in d3. Since they mainly seem dependent on the crit effect for their coldness effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment